Sports events and competitions are an essential part of the development and popularization of Nordic walking. Slovak Association of Nordic Walking as an authority accredited by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic actively promotes the development of Nordic walking in sport competition establishes rules and principles of compliance techniques NW at sporting events.
What is Nordic Walking SPORT different from “usual” Nordic Walking?
In our understanding the sport Nordic Walking technique only by extending the basic techniques adopted by the International Nordic Walking Federation (INWA) “10 steps” what we teach in our courses
Nordic Walking Sport has all the attributes of physical activities, sport commonly known to the public (such as running, cycling, swimming, etc.
- working with different type of heart rate zones
- activity is regular (more than 3 times per week)
- systematic training is alternating intensity and duration of training (aerobic endurance training, anaerobic interval workouts, etc.) with emphasis on appropriate recovery
- in planning and assessing the quality of training is used, heart rate, speed, cadence, etc. VO2max.
- in a long distance is a critical factor NW correct technique and efficiency of movement
What are the Nordic Walking technique for competitions and sporting events?
For sports competitions organized and covered by a SNWA, the following rules compliance techniques Nordic Walking